Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Joe!

My Baby is two today!!We started the morning with some special birthday pig pancakes.


Joe blowing the candles out on his pig pancakes!


We actually had Joe's party two weekends ago because we had planned on moving out of the country tomorrow! But, our visas didn't come in, so we are not leaving tomorrow.

This is the train cake I made for Joe. It was fun to make and not too hard for me as I am NOT a cake maker.

A view from the back.

We had the party at my parents' house complete with a train bouncy house. Everyone got in on the fun of jumping, especially Reece!
Joe bouncing!
Mommy and the birthday boy!
We opened Joe's presents outside. He got a train set, so all the kids had fun playing with the trains, jumping and eating snacks. I'm so glad we had a pretty afternoon to play outside.
Taking a rest after some big jumping with cousins Rowan and Jacob.

Jazzy and Reece taking a juice box break.


Abigail showing one of Joe's trains.
"Happy birthday to JOE!"

Family Picture! I can't believe Joseph is already two!! I miss him being a cuddly baby, but this is such a fun age for him because his speaking ability is exploding! He is talking SO much, using complete sentences, and singing songs. Some of his favorites are "Jesus loves me," "Twinkle twinkle little star," "Old MacDonald," "He's got the whole world in His hands," "Rock-a-bye baby," and "SNAP that monkey right outta that tree!" He LOVES to play trains now, which is really the only toy he has much interest in. He would rather be running around outside or throwing rocks into water (I think that is his favorite thing of all to do). He is just now getting his 2 year molars in with out any complaint that I can tell. We tried to take the front off his crib so he could transition to a big boy bed since that's what he'll have in Indonesia, but it didn't go so well, so we ended up putting the crib back together at 11pm at night!
We are SO thankful for this sweet, funny, loving, silly, smart boy in our lives. WE LOVE YOU JOE MAN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

2 comments:

Dillon, Emily, Micah and Naomi said...

Very CUTE cake! I am sure Joe loved it as well. :) Happy Birthday Joe!

Nalley Family said...

Love you Joe! Happy Birthday!!!!

A Glimpse into the lives of a family on a journey to serve God through aviation in Indonesia!